Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thanks for your honesty...

Last week I stopped by a local Mennonite fabric store to pick up some cheap zippers and they had this basket of patterns for sale all marked $.25. This little girls dress pattern is copyrighted 1965. I have been seeing so many great projects using these old pattern envelopes that I have started to pick them up when I see them.

Just yesterday morning I finally took it out of its bag for a closer look. I laughed out loud when I noticed the fine print warning under the pattern number....
I almost wish they had the same kind of warnings for adult patterns now-a-days. It could save a lot of frustration. What do you think? :)

11 comments:

  1. I needed to see that on a day like today. It felt good to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nice. I don't think they could get away with that these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - my - goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that!! How hilarious does it get?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's too much!! I do think it would help though to have a "suggestion" of what body type would look good in different pattern though, that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think putting that on patterns today would probably result in a huge uproar and boycott. Maybe they could politely say 'one size does not fit all' or something less subtle and it would be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeeee! "Chubby"... is that politically correct? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that was a really good one! Thank you for sharing this with us. Poor chubby girls...
    Happy weekend!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! Can you believe that?!?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!