Friday, April 27, 2007

Promised pictures of thrift finds

I had this post already to go, but then I had to interject my postings when my pink and green swap package arrived!

Here are some of the items I picked up this past weekend during my trip to NJ.

My grandmother bought me the cruet set at the auction we attended. I had been looking for a set for a while now but they were either too big or too small. These are just right! At the thrift store I picked up the colorful bottles for $2 each and the custard cups were $.25 each.


I am already for the next vintage button swap now! I really got lucky with the finds in the next photos!



I need to make a dress or something and use some of these pretties. I never gave buttons a second glance before I started blogging. See what you have done to me! I am a crazy button lady. I need to get a snap applicator. Those strawberry snaps are calling out to be put on some new wallets!

I am exploring my area again today. Thrifting has become one of my favorite things to do and today I have the opportunity to go to a bakery thrift store! Being a family of 2 doesn't require very many (if any at all) loaves of bread, but we were invited to a picnic tomorrow evening and they need some buns. I can handle buns. I can handle going to a bakery thrift store for buns even more.

(I just finished typing this post, hit the spell checker, and there were no misspellings! Today is going to be a good day!)

18 comments:

  1. LOL, you crazy button lady! :) Those are some very pretty finds! I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are some beautiful buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love. those. buttons.

    and those strawberry snaps WOULD look great on some wallets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!! I wish I could find some of the blue ones in the last picture. Swoooon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some of the coolest buttons I've seen. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am swooning over those buttons, too! They are darling!!!

    Lucky you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm nuts about vintage buttons. There's a vintage button swap?!?!?! Oh my gosh.

    I've been planning to do a post about some of my favorite buttons, I guess I have to now...as soon as they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some of the prettiest vintage buttons I've ever seen!!!!! (I'm turning a bit green over here.....)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those buttons are gorgeous! I have button envy... We have a bakery outlet here that I frequent. I stock up on breads and donuts, and freeze them. Then we get donuts every weekend. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one crazy thrifting button lady to another....DROOL!! *grin* Love the buttons and the cutey strawberry snaps (I've never seen those before).

    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always have to stop and shout out to a fellow LeeAnn. :)

    Great thrifty finds. Loved your swap package.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great buttons! I love old buttons. I like to buy big jars of them at antique shops. You never know what you will find. I love the yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh cheers to the great buttons! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those buttons are terrific...making my eyes jump up and down! Wish, wish, wish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be still my beating heart! Those buttons are amazing. I don't sew (at least not well) so I could never use them, but oh how I would love to look at them every now and then. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. button jackpot!

    P.S. Thanks for your comment. I hope you don't mind if I add you under my "blogs I read"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those buttons are precious! I love the strawberry ones.... What treasures!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!