Monday, April 16, 2007

More Button Fun

I dug deeper into the button box and created this necklace for a friends birthday. She is enamoured with fleur-de-lis's and is making this classic image her first tattoo. So when I found this well worn button I knew I had to make something out of it and since all my jewelry supplies were still out it made everything easy.


The button is actually attached to one of those metal keys used to open generic metal lock boxes and then attached to the metal thingermajig. I rescued another thrifted chain that matched the patina of the whole charm very well. I added the rings with black and clear beads last giving it a gypsy feel.

I also want to thank Lindsey Marcella (she's in the process of launching a new website for her goods!) for the wonderful box of tea I received the mail today. It was wrapped up so pretty and even had coordinating prints decorating the box and card. It certainly warmed up a rather dank and dreary day! Lindsey's binge on teas and selective taste buds was my gain today :-)

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

5 comments:

  1. That's an incredible necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This and the previous necklace that you posted are just fabulous. I love your eye for little details (like the rings and beads you added). Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!