Friday, April 13, 2007

"Many hours of fun were always found in my grandmothers button box"

When I was going through those buttons I got when visiting my grandmother, I made an amazing discovery. I kept finding these interesting 'bits' of stuff. First I found the silver snap harness. I admired the delicate scroll work design and set it aside not knowing what I was going to do with it. Later on, I picked up this wonderful clear plastic button that amazingly had a very similar scroll design just like the snap.

Thankfully I was always had a knack for those kiddie memorize games and was able to find the snap and put the two together. It's a match made in heaven. The button is the perfect size to fit in the snap void too! They were meant to be together. And to make this union even better, at the bottom of the button jar was the chain in a tangled mess! So with some help from super glue and a trip to my bead store for a chain extension and a few rings, I give you my new recycled necklace for $3.26!

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I have some old silverplated belt buckles I picked up because they had my initial on them, and if I can dig them up, they are going to become a pendant thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's a genius? Hmmm. Let me think about that... YOU ARE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's a great idea. It is so pretty you ingenious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *applause!* Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! And so very special because it is from your great grandmother's button box!
    You are so creative LeeAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo purty.... -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! What a unique piece. I have my Grandmother's button box, too.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!