Friday, March 20, 2009

I got back in the sewing saddle with a very satisfying sewing project. I have to put in a little plug here for oliver + s patterns. If I ever need sewing confidence, all I have to do is sew up one of these patterns. I am always inspired to try sewing a garment of my own as soon as I finish up the last hem. If you can thread a sewing machine and can read English, you can sew this dress. And if you are looking to expand your sewing techniques from straight lines to button holes, this project will take you there.

This is the tea party sundress. Absolutely the cutest dress ever. (Well, maybe the Birthday Party Dress could possibly be cuter, but I haven't sewn that up yet!) Hello? Check out that piping! And I used my automatic button hole feature on my sewing machine which was awesome. Should have learned that trick sooner.

This is a size 3T. *le sigh*

6 comments:

  1. So cute! That Amy Butler print is some of my favorite fabric ever...I need to get some more - the yardage I had bought went to be the backing for my back-tack quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweetheart of a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just finished sewing my first baby dress, and it was so gratifying, like you said. If only clothes for myself were that quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness LeeAnn!! it's so cute! the fabrics you chose are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - lovely choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...this is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!