Monday, November 17, 2008

Hallway: before and after

Before: Free old wooden frames in various stages of disrepair.

After: a chic, contemporary installation of glossy, black frames. I balanced all the frames by hanging some frames inside one another. I am also proud of myself for hanging these up in a primitive but effective manner. I was hounding Jeff to buy a laser level, but in the end I measured 62'' up from the floor at each end of the hallway and ran a string across the wall using push pins to anchor the string. I then measured the center of each frame and placed a piece of masking tape to mark the center. Then I just held each frame to wall matching the tape with the string. Jeff placed the nails and we were finished in under 20 minutes.I also just bought these Vinyl Wall Art birds in apple green to perch in some of those frames. If you haven't caught on yet, I love a touch of whimsy. :)

9 comments:

  1. I love it. Classic with a touch of whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The birds are so adorable! I went to see the shop you bought them from and I noticed that she sells the sewing nerd car decals and friend was telling me about last weekend. Such a funny coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you're freakin' smart! And it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great! I really like the look of the black frames. I tend to always go with white and silver, but now you have me considering black frames for my taupe wall! I like the wall decals you bought - very whimsical. I have a train wall decal in my son's room. I had stenciled in his nursery in our old house and the wall decals were much easier! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really quite awesome and creative. Also, cheers for effective improvisation on the whole "level" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look really nice! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... what a great visual! Well done...really like how you showed them against the wall before and after your talent hit them!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!