I had a fabulous time thrifting with a friend this weekend. Among the $.10 sewing magazines, zippers and trim, there was a brand new stainless steel fondue pot (minus the forks) for $5 and this beautiful non-working alarm clock.
I spent 65% of my thrift store budget on this cutie. That's pretty huge. I had to talk myself into buying it for $13 since it didn't work. But last night I took it apart and with the help of the internet I got the alarm to work. Now if only the hands would start moving. Yellow pages here I come!
I also grabbed a few pictures of my new work bag. Again you'll find this denim with contrasting green thread. This is the bag that started it all. It has 23'' handles (great shoulder comfort!), a 12'' zipper pocket on the inside, a sewn in divider to hold my laptop with two additional large slip pockets for random folders, and two pockets on the exterior.
You'll see my little (major) mistake on the exterior pockets. I should have known better. I wanted 10'' deep pockets so I cut and sewed to make that happen. What I didn't take into consideration was the boxed corners would remove some of the depth of the pocket and now it looks really low on the side. Silly, silly mistake. But its sewn so well I won't be taking it apart. They are still functional, but I know I made that error.
I can't wait to take this on my plane ride at the end of the month. It will work really well for that. And it will hold all the junk (educational material) at my conference. I really loved how this turned out and will probably make another.