Sunday, January 13, 2008

The only time I like to iron

Freshly laundered fabric. Smells great too! My local fabric shop was having a sale and I stocked up on some of my favorite prints. The fabric laying across the top is my most recent vintage flour sack purchase. Before I washed it I thought it had a mustard yellow background. It cleaned up nice. More pin cushions? Maybe.

I spent all weekend sewing up an overdue bag for my sister. She requested a nicer bag to take to campus (since she lives 30 minutes away) to hold all her gym stuff. Well I went through three different designs before I finally settled on one. The bad side of ugly is it turned out HUGE! I have no idea what I was thinking when I made the measurements. I mean... like... 'Ashley Olsen purse' big. She also mentioned she wanted a weekend bag. I think this fits the bill. But do you think I took a picture? Nope. It's all wrapped up in a box ready to mail tomorrow morning. I'll get one when she comes down for a visit.

My to do list for the week/ weekend:
  • Sew reusable grocery bags (eliminate stack of vintage bedsheets in the process)
  • Refold all the fabric I decided to take out, unfold, then throw on the floor.
  • Take dresser out of garage and put in sewing room for additional storage of fabric.
  • Vacuum all carpeted spaces and all furniture. I am borrowing a steam vac this week so EVERYTHING is getting a bath!
  • Bake homemade bread.
  • Call vet to make appointment for Critter. It's time to get her snippity, snipped, snipped.
That's about enough.

9 comments:

  1. Can I come over for homemade bread? I would sooo help you move that dresser. I'll even fold all the fabric, too! : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we were both posting about the same thing BUT how funny we even washed the same fabric LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good to-do list for the week and looks like you got some great prints at that sale!

    I just read your profile, do you do all your sewing on a $25 machine still? Best that was the best $25 you ever spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see some pin cushions made from these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just read about your folding/unfolding/thrashing of fabric! I didn't even see that before I had my fabric nervous breakdown yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you did well! Love that red and white print. That's a new one by me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful fabric! when I am quilting is the ONLY time I like to iron, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely new additions to your fabric stash!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!