Last night I sat down to sew new curtain tie backs for the living room. I had the fabric sitting out for weeks. When I finally decided on doing a button closure, I set out to the garage (where a lot of my sewing supplies still sit in boxes) to find my buttons. I went through every box sitting in there! (Should have put some stuff away, but eh.) NO BUTTONS! I have JARS of buttons and they are missing! It still has me in a tizzy, but I was lucky enough to find an old jar pincushion that had a few buttons stored away.
I found the curtain sheers (the correct size!) at the thrift store for $4 each. Originally I was going to make some curtains, but time and money (some home deco fabric is expensive!) delayed me to the point of walking in Bed and Bath's doors. And lo and behold.... linen curtain panels on clearance for $20 each. Score. I figure they are such a neutral color that I could use them anywhere and I would still have the option of cutting them up to repurposing them if/when I felt like it.
I decided on using a red polka dot fabric to bring the red from our lovely couch to the other side of the room. I backed it with some reclaimed linen pants and interfaced it to give a clean, crisp look. I am in *love* with the button hole feature on my new Pfaff. It let's you manually make a button hole size then remembers what you did so I didn't have to measure every button hole for each tie back. Love, love, love it! Now with some well placed pillows and accessories, everything will coming together. Just in time for the party!