Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Recent Activity

I have been slowly working on getting another purse done. It's been quite a process. Made from all thrifted fabrics. One linen skirt, a black and white polka dot interior found as yardage, and a black and white floral print taken from an old house coat.

I really love embroidery. I love that I can take my sketches and turn them into fabric art. Here's my little black bird.

Two 12'' zippers are found in the interior. (They were actually 20'' zippers that I had to shorten.) I chose the light contrasting fabric to line the pockets so it's easier to find what you are looking for. I have a minor pet peeve about dark lined pockets inside purses.

And I have tried my hand at wire wrapping. I have been finding these great vintage buttons lately and really wanted to stretch my imagination on displaying them via wearable art. This was my first attempt using a thrifted 12K gold necklace, gold filled wire, and two tiny crystals.

I guess it turned out alright. I have a bigger plan in mind for the other three matching buttons, but practice makes perfect.

9 comments:

  1. This is so vintage looking. I would buy this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embroidered bird is so sweet! I love that you thought to make the interior of the pocket a lighter fabric. And your jewelry piece is really pretty. Looks like you did a nice job on the wire wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork and embroidery are so pretty. I love the entire design of the purse and the very creative necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that bird!!! And what a cool necklace. You are a jack of all trades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the necklace! the button's great. i've been playing around with my sudden stash of buttons, and it's so fun bc you can do so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these projects! The necklace is a fast favorite and I can't wait to see the finished bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your embroidered bird, he's so sweet. I never come up with great things like that. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey LeeAnn! Love the purse!! The bird is gorgeous-Of course!! Having fun looking for fun things for you. Love, your swap sister, Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that necklace! nice job.

    amandajean

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!