Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sofa Progress!

She's down to her undergarments! It is a serious misnomer that upholstery is a sewing project. It's not. It's about thousands upon thousands of staples! I won't go as far to say if you can work a stapler than you can complete this task, but it may not be far off. When I first started working on this sofa I really never thought about the piece as one gender or another. But as I spend countless hours working over every inch of its surface, I started referring to "it" as a "her". She's fit, she's classy, and when I'm done with her I think I'll call her Chanel.

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness .. "she" is going to be something! I adore her lines .. and the name Chanel is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited to see the results! it's quite an undertaking you have there.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!