Sunday, January 3, 2010

Visit to Terrain- final post

Ok. Last post about Terrain! What have you liked best? I have to admit that I love the thought of growing cut flowers as much as I love growing edible plants.

Zinnia's are one of my favorite summer/fall flowers. They're cheap (start very well from seed) and grow amazingly with little care. I love that they put the bunches in paint containers.

Zinnia's in mason jars. My go-to vase. Can anyone ID the purple berry plant?

Inspiration for a fall quilt! I'm more of an accessory or home deco sewer, but now I want a fall quilt and I want to use these colors as inspiration. :)

Easy peasie twig project.

Cool plant stands that add a bit of art to the garden! I love that they planted a late cherry tomato plant in an asparagus bed. Stayed pretty into fall!

Metal plant supports. I might try and modify a normal metal tomato cage into something like this.


I tried my hand at a succulent container garden this summer. Some plants worked better than others. I'm trying again this year with a few more varieties. I could not believe the cost of these! Upwards of $50!


And in case you were wondering what you were going to do with that huge dried sunflower head you grew this year, here's an idea. :P

Terrain is definitely the new cool kid on the block. It almost seems like they can do no wrong. Even when you see something new like a planter with a huge dead sunflower head it kinda works. I can't wait to visit again in the spring. Good thing I have a friends and family in the area I can spend the night with since it's a good 3 hour drive for me. Who wants to come with me?

8 comments:

  1. looks like a beautiful place! i love all your terrain post, thanks for sharing!!! and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, I will!! ... but it is a bit more than a three hour drive from here ... LOL.

    Now I can't wait until Spring to see what they do with "Spring things".

    Hmmm, a quilt in those colors - yum, yum

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple berries are Callicarpa bodinieri giraldii or beautyberry. Lucky you, if you are in a zone where you can grow it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go with you; that looks like just my kind of place! We used to have a place like that about an hour from me, but it closed. Thanks for sharing all the photos. I really enjoyed it and wish that Terrain was in Chicagoland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple berries are beautyberry. We sell them here at the nursery if you want me to get you some :) Mary has GORGEOUS ones growing at her house, all along the side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Wow. Wow. What an AMAZING place. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will go with you!!! I love that place and would like to go in the Spring. -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in LOVE with terrain! How have I not heard of it before? I am definitely making plans to go there when the hubs and I go to Longwood Gardens later this year.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!