Monday, March 3, 2008

The clock on the wall says 3 o'clock!

I had a fabulous time thrifting with a friend this weekend. Among the $.10 sewing magazines, zippers and trim, there was a brand new stainless steel fondue pot (minus the forks) for $5 and this beautiful non-working alarm clock.

I spent 65% of my thrift store budget on this cutie. That's pretty huge. I had to talk myself into buying it for $13 since it didn't work. But last night I took it apart and with the help of the internet I got the alarm to work. Now if only the hands would start moving. Yellow pages here I come!

I also grabbed a few pictures of my new work bag. Again you'll find this denim with contrasting green thread. This is the bag that started it all. It has 23'' handles (great shoulder comfort!), a 12'' zipper pocket on the inside, a sewn in divider to hold my laptop with two additional large slip pockets for random folders, and two pockets on the exterior.

You'll see my little (major) mistake on the exterior pockets. I should have known better. I wanted 10'' deep pockets so I cut and sewed to make that happen. What I didn't take into consideration was the boxed corners would remove some of the depth of the pocket and now it looks really low on the side. Silly, silly mistake. But its sewn so well I won't be taking it apart. They are still functional, but I know I made that error.

I can't wait to take this on my plane ride at the end of the month. It will work really well for that. And it will hold all the junk (educational material) at my conference. I really loved how this turned out and will probably make another.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I would have grabbed that clock too. I hope you get it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag and I'm a big fan of pleats. It's really cute. And that alarm clock is fabulous - what a great find! I hope you can get it working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING the alarm clock :) soooo sweet! :)

    I also wanted to let you know that I'm having a grand giveaway over at my blog, so if you get a chance, stop on by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous color on that clock!

    I've done the same thing with the pockets... I know that feeling.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a cell phone pocket to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great clock! I love the bag too. It looks so comfortable AND functional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is absolute perfection just the way it is - that pocket is just made for candy bars and pens/

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous clock, so retro...you've been tagged by me, hope you can play...just share six random things about yourself and then tag six people linking them through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this bag is wonderful! and what fun at the thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Did you know the 2 and the 7 are the same? And the 6 and the 9? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bags you do! Looks wonderful and hope you can get that great green clock to work!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!