Saturday, July 21, 2007

Something new

Let's start out with something sweet-

Edy's Double Fudge Brownie Ice cream in a $.59 thrifted dessert cup. I found 8 of these recently!

Two very new tools that are hanging out on my ironing board. Now I know what I have been missing!


I have been trying to deplete my supply of vintage bed linens. This is currently laying on my living room floor. What I wouldn't give for a large cutting table! These will be turned into cloth grocery bags shortly.


And a basket of recently laundered fabric. The teal and white print is actually a table cloth that will one day be a very cute skirt.

This cool summer evening is a rarity these days and I am heading back outside. I just figured I better poke my head in here. And one of these days I will catch up on my blog reading. One of these days....

5 comments:

  1. I've thought about getting one of those little irons, as well as the bias tape tool. Let me know how you like them.
    Some of those linens look really familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fence about the irons as well. I have one of the bias tape tools, but I never seem to make bias tape in the size I bought, so I always end up making it from scratch.

    I love the teal and white fabric and can't wait to see your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the cool air! I was actually a little cold last night.

    I love love that teal tablecloth. I should take a picture of my sewing area. It's probably a biohazard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous of those linens!
    Can't wait to see some of them in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo thats a bias tape tool! I've been doing all my heming and waist bands by hand and I didn't need to! Gods be praised...where can I find this dandy thing!? Any OY do I know what you mean about the prayer for a large cutting table!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!