Monday, June 4, 2007

New Doors Opening

This photo I took last week gave me inspiration to make the zippered pouch seen below.



I had been very busy this weekend. Making items. Doing little photo shoots. I find taking photos very fun. I like searching through my fabric stash and using them as back drops. Then I search through my supplies to find props. Sometimes the pairings are quite by accident. I like those happy accidents.

I made a few of these mason jar pin cushions too. I actually cut into my most favorite flour sack fabric. I love the red and blue combo. And the flower print is so dainty and feminine.


I have also been busy setting up a Paypal account which lead to setting up an Etsy account. I thought I would join all the selling fun! My husband helped me come up with a store name. We chose "The Cherry Stem". This is an inside joke between us now. One early evening we went to get some ice cream. I stole his cherry off his sundae when he made a bet with me. He told me that he didn't think I could tie the cherry stem in a knot with my tongue, and if I did accomplish the task then we would buy my new sewing machine the next day. (What budget?) A whole eaten sundae later the 1/2 inch cherry stem was tied in a knot. And to make the story even better the knot was shaped like a heart.

So if you have a spare minute go check my Etsy shop out!

14 comments:

  1. Love your shop! I kept thinking you needed an Etsy shop when you'd post your creations. I liked it so much I had to take some money out of my Bead & Button Show stash to make a purchase. :)

    I wish you loads of success!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Etsy shop - I hope it will be a success :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Etsy! You're doing very well for having just opened shop : )

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new shop! Come next payday I'm getting one of those masonjar pin cushions if there is any left!
    Love the photo too - would look great in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your etsy shop! It looks great. I love your little pin cushion mason jars....adorable. That flour sack fabric is wonderful. I wouldn't have been able to make myself cut into it. It is perfect for the project, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the shop. And you've already got business--off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The inspiration photo and resulting creation are wonderful! What a great pairing. Best of luck with the esty shop - have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on setting up shop! The mason jars are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Congratulations on the shop! :) (Did you REALLY tie the cherry stem in a knot with your tongue? Is that even possible??) Anyway, I agree that the wildflower photo would look great framed. The contrast of texture is delicious. And the pin cushion is really lovely! :)

    (P.S. Thanks for your recent comments on my blog. You said you're a June baby, too. What day?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the shop and your fast sales!! I hope you do very very well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations LeeAnn! I'm so happy for you and your Etsy shop. I know you will do well! I'm ordering my mason jar pincushion right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee, that blue/flower photo is gorgeous. Frame it, put it up on a wall where it belongs! The etsy thing is great, I've forwarded your shop to some of my coworkers. The linen bag....so pretty...and that shoulder bag would make a GREAT grocery bag (which i've been meaning to switch to since I hate using plastic). Love ya, K.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was hoping that you had an etsy shop in the works, but I didn't want to be nosy! Congrats on thegrand opening!!! I'm off to check it out now! (I'm sure it's just beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Congratulations. I love your photos and your shop. Great story behind the name too, lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!