Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday Snow Day


Not very much of a view, but it's the only one we got! Needless to say, we weren't venturing out to church today. This was taken at 11am. And it hasn't stopped snowing since early this morning. Before it gets dark I may go outside and brush off the cars to make it easier on ourselves Monday morning.

But we are taking advantage of our snow day. Jeff decided to refurbish some meatloaf he made for dinner last night. He was in a cooking mood, so why would I stop him? I tried not to peek, but I happened to look in when I saw him put spicy nacho Doritos and fennel seed in the food processor, together. Fennel is my least favorite herb. And I am not a big fan of orange cheese. And certainly I am not a big fan of them together. I surprised him in the kitchen waving his hands over the pot as if it would magically turn into some wondrous dish.


He decided to make a southwestern style soup with the nacho cheese/fennel meatloaf. My first taste testing proved to be delicious.

And since we were snowed in I decided to finish my first ever embroidery project. I started it yesterday. Since we have a red couch I thought it would be whimsical to have red monkey pillows. I drew up 3 designs and settled on this one. I am not in love with it. I will probably fold this attempt up and start another. I still have a ton of thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!