Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Xmas Vacation

(Vintage bark cloth with contemporary navy blue polka dot. Fawn applique drawn by me.)

I am on vacation all this week. So I am getting a lot of the pesky "to-do's" crossed off my list. One of those items was downloading pictures from the camera. The bag pictured above is a recent favorite. It was the first one that sold at my recent craft show. Good thing I thought ahead and I have another one cut out ready to sew. :)

(I miss summer! I've ordered my Burpee catalog this week. December isn't even over with and I am already itching for spring!)

I forgot all about these beautiful red pepper. Friends of ours gave them too us at the end of summer. I am not a huge fan of peppers, but I do like roasted red peppers in several recipes. So I spent the time and roasted them all up. Then stored them in the fridge covered in olive oil. And then they molded. That was crap.

(oh, baby!)

And this is the project I started today! I got this vintage flexsteel sofa from my in-laws basement. The cushions are trash. They have completely deteriorated into nasty dust. This week I had planned to visit a localish fabric distributor to pick out upholstry fabric, but don't you know they are also taking a vacation the exact same time I am! What a bummer! But I am pushing ahead regardless. Today I started making a muslin pattern to use for the tailored slipcover I am planning to make for it. So far so good. Tomorrow I finish the test cover and order a new cushion. I can't wait til this is finished!

3 comments:

  1. This gave me a laugh this morning:

    "So I spent the time and roasted them all up. Then stored them in the fridge covered in olive oil. And then they molded. That was crap."

    Similar things have happened to me. Or last year we made cut out cookies that took for-freaking-ever to make and decorate and then they were hard as rocks and tasted awful. That was crap.

    I love the purse!! So cute! And the sofa is awesome. Can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purse. The fabric is perfect for that little fawn. I'm like you with the peppers - once in a while, but it was crap that they molded!

    I have a chair I need to slipcover. I'm going to watch you closely with your sofa. It just seems like such a HUGE job that I'm a bit intimidated.

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse is great! I've yet to tackle making any bags but yours with the deer applique makes me want to sew one today!

    Do you have a pattern for that particular bag? Is it one of your own designs?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!