Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Playing catch up

I downloaded many pictures off my camera a few days ago, but I can't recall where I put them. I did manage to find two unrelated pictures to share. I've been trying really hard to get back to blogging and I can tell it's going to take a bit more effort.

First, I need to talk about a great swap I had with Christina from This Girl Beads. It came about from a continuous email discussion on the color yellow. So we put together a private swap. I wanted a new yellow necklace and she asked for a new summer bag. Because I was terrible about taking pictures of her gifts to me (forgive me Christina!) and my swap partner is so awesome you can actually see what she sent me here.

Everything she sent was absolutely wonderful and I am one lucky girl. I wear that necklace often and it quickly became a favorite of mine. I did manage to take one quick photo of the bag I made her in the early morning light before I shipped off her package. (The rest seen here.)
She asked for a gray and yellow bag. She likes linen and pleats. I found the mustard velvet ribbon in an amazing fabric shop in Gettysburg, PA. They carry many period fabrics, as well as, modern reproductions. This ribbon may not be vegetable dyed but its an historically accurate color from the civil war era. Come to think of it, I bought the gray fabric there too. This bags looks really great in person.

****************************************************


Remember those mojitos I mentioned last weekend. They were so good! I can't wait til it's weekend again.

4 comments:

  1. I agree; it's beautiful in person! :) I love it. I've been using it every day and it's great! What color will we be on to next...?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag, LeeAnn. I love the color combination so much. That yellow ribbon is just perfect.

    My sprawling mint plant is calling me...thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag looks really great in picture as well! I have some mustard linen that I have been itching to use, I think you've inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahem...I love the purse you made! and the jewelry you received was superb! i am officially gitty.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!