Monday, April 13, 2009

Yee-haw!

For the first time (that I am aware of!) I made it on the Etsy front page! Eeee! So exciting! One of my little mason jar pincushions was front and center! Now that we got that out of the way...

I made myself a new spring tote bag. I made a pleated panel tote with a hidden pocket. Lots of linen. Lots of texture. Vintage. Yellow.


The interior has this zipper pocket and two slip pockets made from the vintage yellow rosebud sheeting.
Hidden pocket in action!

In other news, I spotted a heinous public display of a Snuggie. Gross! The culprit was a young high school age girl. The scene was a downtown side walk. The weapon was a maroon Snuggie worn as a jacket. Folks, this is why kids need parental supervision AT ALL TIMES. WTF?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on being on the front page! I love the tote bag you made; I've been wanting a bag with some yellow in it. Still haven't found just the right one.

    That video cracked me up! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making on the front page!! I love the tote, so springy. The Snuggie was a huge joke around here at Christmas. We all kept threatening each other that we were giving them as gifts, or that I would be making them for everyone, ha, thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you on the front page!! I was so excited, congratulations. :D

    That tote bag is gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOLOLOL

    I am not sure what kind of teen would *want* to wear a snuggie in public?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is delicious!!! :D

    As for the Snuggie... I live in freezing cold Canada and I've never seen one of those. No one in Montreal would be caught dead with that thing on. LOL! Anything to make money, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE the bag. the hidden pocket is wonderful! love the pleats, too. nice job all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the front page ! The bag is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the bag!
    it looks sweet fun cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!