Friday, August 31, 2007

It's done! (Just in time too!)


I finished sewing up my new purse last night. Here are the specs-
  • 2 vintage quilt pieces found second hand that where originally destined for a wedding circle quilt.
  • Linen recycled from a thrifted skirt.
  • Kelly green broad cloth purchased at a 'going-out-of-business' sale for the interior.
  • Zippered pocket on the inside lined with a great yellow print that was received in a swap at some point.
  • Another interior pocket perfect for the cell phone.
  • Hidden magnetic clasp.
  • Lightly interfaced.
  • 1.5 inch gusset.
*Warning* The camera was not my best friend this morning and could not get a clear image to save my life.


The interior. This bag *could* be reversible but lacking a major chocolate disaster, the linen/patchwork side will remain the exterior.

Pleats and gathers! Hooray!

Have a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

  1. What a wonderful purse! Your hard work totally paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. What a great way to use those quilt pieces! Don't you wish you could show it to whoever originally pieced them together?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! And such originality in using the quilt pieces. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! A job well done. Nice proportions, shape, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously impressed. The details are just amazing - I love the patchwork, the pleats are great, and the interior is jsut perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear! You've been tagged :D Stop by my blog to see the meme and the "rules" its an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm embarrassed by my lame attempt at bag making. That's it. I'm just going to have you make my bags from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bag, so carefully made. Nice colours too. You have lovely things in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a genius!!! I have lots of vintage double wedding ring-in-progress quilt pieces. Wouls you mind if I had the same bag? I promise not to come to your town and wear it all over the place! Vicki at hollyhocks.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous as usual! You're so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really cute handbag, I love the different fabrics that you used. How long did it take to make it? :) Bren
    http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous!! I love the shape, the colors, the vintage, just everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it's beautiful! I love the sassy green interior and how you used all sorts of things to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's beautiful!!! I love your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!