Friday, May 4, 2007

Don't skirt the issue. Dress it up.

I'll fill this entry full of pictures. The weather has been so nice lately, that I find myself outside more. However, the lure of my new Pfaff sewing machine has been strong and I completed a few projects and have a few more in the works.

Dinah, do you recognize the following fabric? She sent me 2 pillow cases in our pink and green swap, which I refashioned into a little girl gathered skirt. However, I have the feeling it's going to be a bit big for her this year.

I picked up the green bias trim and eyelet ruffle at the thrift store a few weeks back. These two finds really perfected the whole skirt.


I also made this skirt for myself out of a king size sheet found at the Goodwill. I cut the stripes at a 45 degree angle to make a saw tooth design. I really botched the waist band trying to make it a draw string, but I'll still wear it around.

And this dress is currently sitting on the sewing machine. It's at the stage of pin tucks and darts so it complements my figure. Then I have to put in the zipper, finish the arm holes, and hem it up. It should be ready for church this Sunday.


I have to go pick up my paint for the frames I posted yesterday, so I can get those off my porch and onto my bare walls this weekend. I need to get my body moving. It's still sore from playing Ultimate Frisbee twice this week. Blah!

11 comments:

  1. Oh you are so inspiring me to get to my machine. As soon as I'm back from the craft sale tomorrow I want to make up a few tops and dresses for summer. You have given me the bug. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could sew. I have a new machine and loads of fabric but I'm striggling. I am in awe of anyone who says they only have to do all these crazy things (zipper? arm holes? pin tucks?) and the dress will be ready by Sunday! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little pillowcase skirt with the finishing of bias tape and ruffle. such great details for the bottom.

    can't wait to see the dress complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man when did you get so good?? :) -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little skirt is so sweet, and yours looks fabulous - I love how you cut the fabric on an angle and pieced it together. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great. I love that little pink and green skirt. So cute! I really admire those who can sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be enjoying your new PFAFF. Congrats. I've been working with my old one this week and it's been nice.

    p.s. You've been tagged. I know you already noticed, but I gotta tell you anyway - haha. Check out the rules on my blog if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you go! I love the pillowcase skirt. If i had a little girl I'd be sewing her one cause I have tons of pillowcases sitting around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LeeAnn...you have created the cutest little skirt! Any little girl would love it I think. You have such a creative mind and eye!
    (And to change the subject sort of...I love the shoes you're wearing with your striped skirt...can you tell me anything about them?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, um...easy does it there, girly. All these amazing, finished projects are making the rest of us look bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That dress and those skirts are great! I know you say you messed up, but from here it looks pretty darn fab!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!